Test Application from TQC
'Chilled Beam' Dry Leak System
TQC has specialised in the leak
testing of components for many years. The fixture
below is designed to test the integrity of modular 'chilled beam'
ceiling units. These 4.5m long units consist of two or three heat
exchanger coils and a linking network of pipes and assorted valves.
In operation they contain water flowing at three bar and 14-17°C.
'Chilled beam' units are becoming
increasingly popular in building design, providing quiet, draught
free comfort cooling without the need for air conditioning
The fixture shown is capable
of testing the beams at both the manufacturing factory and installation
method used is air over pressure, this gives the advantages
fixture shown consists of -
- A fast clean and dry test
- Quantifiable leak testing
- Calibration to suit the requirements
- Automated pass/fail limits
- High sensitivity
- Unskilled operator
- A mobile bench with lockable
- Leak test instrument
- Self contained air compressor
to allow for fixture portability
- Manually applied self sealing
- Manually applied sealing plugs
- An independant digital calibration
f you have a current project that you are
already looking at, or you are considering improvements to your
production in the near future, call us and we will be happy to offer
our professional advice & visit you at your site.